Interchange 48: RSVP for a Gift Gathering Party Today!
GIFT GATHERING PARTIES BEGIN FEB. 21
AUCTION NIGHT: SATURDAY, MARCH 28
We are excited to announce the theme for this year’s Interchange:
SPARK! – Igniting the Fire Within
This year, we celebrate the call from our patron saint, Ignatius of Loyola, to ‘Go forth and set the world on fire.’ Together, we will continue to kindle the spark within each of our young men with the passion for service and social justice in our world. The funds raised from Interchange make that possible. Loyola underwrites about a quarter of every student’s tuition costs. In addition, Loyola also provides additional financial aid for almost 30 percent of the student population. Interchange helps to fund that financial aid and allows our student body to remain the diverse community it is.
We have lots of changes in store. We’re switching things up this year with a live band, shorter live auction and more. Leading up to the gala night, there are six Gift Gathering Parties (or GGPs) in various cities around Los Angeles. The first is coming up on Friday, February 21st. You can choose any party that works best for you (see dates below). Donate an item, give a cash donation or become a sponsor. Don’t miss out! RSVP today and find out more by visiting: loyolahs.edu/interchange.
WHAT IS A GIFT GATHERING PARTY (A.K.A. GGP)?
A “Gift Gathering Party” is like a pre-party building up to gala night. There are six of them throughout the LA area. These parties help Loyola gather gifts (items, sponsorships, cash donations, etc.) from the community while offering a fun evening of food, drink and friends in the home of generous Loyola host families. Get to know other parents and join in the CUBraderie!
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE GIFT GATHERING PARTIES?
- Fri, Feb. 21: San Gabriel Valley (at a home in Pasadena) – 7 p.m.
- Sat, Feb. 22: San Fernando Valley (at a home in Studio City) – 5 p.m.
- Sat, Feb. 22: Silicon Beach (at a home in Westchester) – 7 p.m.
- Wed, Mar. 4: West LA (at a home in Brentwood) – 7 p.m. – PARTY CLOSED DUE TO FULL CAPACITY
- Fri, Mar. 6: Beach Cities (at a home in Manhattan Beach) – 6:30 p.m.
- Sat, Mar. 7: Central (at a home in Mid-Wilshire) – 5:30 p.m.
WHAT CAN I BRING TO A GIFT GATHERING PARTY?
A gift to the Auction comes in many forms: sponsorship; item donation; cash donation; raffle tickets; or all of the above!
WHAT KIND OF ITEMS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
We ask for unique items to make the live and silent auctions interesting and successful. Be creative. Sometimes it’s not what you have, but who you know! Perhaps you know someone who has a unique talent or experience to offer. Here are some types of gifts—not in any particular order—that tend to attract the most bids:
- Fine jewelry
- Concert, theatre or sporting event tickets
- Autographed music, movie and sports memorabilia or other collectibles
- High-end electronics (i.e. watch, headphones, iPad)
- Tickets to popular TV show tapings
- Awards show passes (Grammys, Emmys, MTV Music Awards)
- Wine (special collections) and wine tasting vouchers
- Restaurant gift cards
- Passes to movie premieres
- Professional chef-inspired intimate dinners in your home
- Dinner and activity in your home (i.e. bocce ball, cooking class)
- TV or movie set visits or walk-on/ extra roles
- Frequent flyer miles or airline vouchers or gift cards
- Travel vacations and cruises
- Hotel vouchers or gift cards
- Day trips, unique excursions (i.e. scuba diving, sailing, water skiing, skydiving, hot air ballooning, race car driving school)
- Use of vacation homes
- Golf outings
- Spa experiences
- Limo services
- Approved Loyola-themed items (i.e. painted ceramics, art, quilt, cooler)
Still not sure? Call or email us with any questions at 213-381-5121 x1915 or firstname.lastname@example.org.