Easy access to daily examens, morning prayers and more from Loyola Campus Ministry in collaboration with the Office for Mission
Campus Ministry exists to serve the spiritual needs of the student population of Loyola High School.
Mass is celebrated in the Clougherty Chapel of St. Ignatius every school day at 7:15 a.m. In addition, the school community comes together to celebrate Eucharist that has been prepared by the Student and Faculty Liturgy Team. Students are invited to participate in liturgical ministries and choir.
Retreat opportunities are an integral component of a Loyola education, and therefore all students are encouraged to participate in a retreat every year: First Year Overnight Retreat; Sophomore Day of Prayer; Junior Leadership Retreat; Junior Kairos; Senior Kairos; Senior Quiet Retreat.
During the liturgical seasons of Advent and Lent, Campus Ministry offers a communal celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation including an opportunity for individual confessions.
Big Brother, Senior Retreat & Transfer Retreat Teams
Application Deadline: Friday – February 28, 2020
The Big Brother Program welcomes new students to the Loyola community, starting with Freshman Orientation on August 19th and the Freshmen Retreat on October 10-11th. The goals of this program include:
- Introducing first year students to the traditions of Loyola
- Helping to create a sense of class identity
- Giving first-year students the opportunity to get to know their fellow Cub brothers
- Emphasizing the importance of the religious activities as central to the character of a Loyola education and essential in deepening a relationship with God and becoming a Man for Others
SENIOR RETREAT TEAM
The Senior Retreat Team is a group of peer ministers dedicated to serving the school community. The goals of this program include serving as peer ministers to facilitate small group discussions while on retreat with younger classmates:
- Help the Junior Retreat team during the Sophomore Retreat program.
- Leading ONE Junior Leadership Retreat
TRANSFER RETREAT TEAM
The Transfer Retreat Team is a group of peer ministers dedicated to serving incoming transfer students on an overnight retreat the weekend before school begins in August.
JUNIOR RETREAT TEAM
The Junior Retreat Team is a group of peer ministers dedicated to serving the school community. The goals of this program include:
- Serving as peer ministers to facilitate small group discussions while on retreat with younger sophomore classmates:
- Leading the Sophomore Retreat experience – 1-2 Sophomore Off-Campus Day Retreat
- Guiding your classmates through the retreat experience
- Attending Mandatory Training Day after school on Friday, May 1st