Animating the Mission…
“To inspire students to become men of faith, scholarship, service, and leadership”
Welcome from our Vice President for Mission
Grounded in Faith, Open to Growth
“To give students of all faiths a profound, life-changing experience that focuses on God’s unconditional love and a deeper understanding of themselves as persons of faith.”
The Grad at Grad: Religious and Open to Growth
Compassionate Minds, Intelligent Hearts
“To thoughtfully and intentionally integrate the fullness of human experience through spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social and physical development.”
The Grad at Grad: Intellectually Distinguished and Loving
For and with Others
“To be informed by a faith that does justice. To challenge our students to be ‘Men for and with Others.’ To be in companionship with–and learning from–the disenfranchised, the marginalized and the most in need. To serve as Jesus did.”
The Grad at Grad: Committed to Justice
Contemplatives in Action
“To develop young men who are compassionate, intellectually distinguished and morally courageous. To create students who become impactful ‘agents of change’ for the world.”
The Grad at Grad: Developing as Leaders
Living the Mission…
– The Daily Examen: A form of Ignatian prayer done each school day during the seasons of Advent and Lent. You can pray along with us using these videos.
– Advent Prayer Book: An annual collection of reflections on the readings and themes of the Advent Season.
– Days of Reflection: The Loyola Mother Guild Advent Morning of Reflection, Spring Day of Reflection, and other retreat opportunities.
– The Ignatian Conversation Speaker Series: Transformative Wisdom for the 21st Century. A monthly series with members of our Ignatian Los Angeles community.
– The Discernment in Action Series features Loyola Faculty and Staff reflections on discernment in their teaching, research, and personal lives.
– Faith doing Justice Discernment Series: An opportunity for people at every level of Jesuits West apostolates to come together to act more powerfully in their work for justice.
– Local Service: Periodic opportunities to engage with the local community done in collaboration with the Center for Service & Justice