During the current COVID-19 crisis, Loyola High School has modified the normal student health requirements for the 2020-2021 school year. The health and wellness of Loyola’s students and family is our top priority. Loyola is committed to promoting the physical and mental well being of students. There are several requirements that Loyola has for ALL students on a yearly basis. Please read thoroughly.
Current Immunization form (required by State Law): Should be sent by your son’s current school with final transcripts. Information on immunizations can be located under the “Immunization” tab. This is a state law and we MUST have your son’s immunization record on file before the first day of school.
Annual Physical Exam (completed by licensed MD): Please see the “Physicals” tab for detailed information.
Annual Concussion Baseline (completed at Loyola): Information about how to complete the necessary concussion baseline requirements are located under the “Baseline” tab.
Other information about health-related issues and updated information about COVID-19 can also be found below. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tim Moscicki, ATC
Director of Student Health | Head Athletic Trainer
STUDENT HEALTH DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
During this time of unprecedented closure and social distancing, it is important to keep informed and updated with current and correct information. There are numerous reports, studies, news clips, social media posts that are inaccurate and can cause added stress and panic. Please limit yourself to the news and social media frenzy. Below are posted links that you can use for reliable and updated information. This should be your primary source for information dealing with COVID-19.
The following is information as it relates to Loyola High School:
1. Your health is our number one primary concern.
2. There are still numerous other illnesses going around, if you should feel ill please call your doctor and talk to them first. Not every illness is COVID-19. People are still suffering from the flu, bronchitis, allergies, etc.
3. If your doctor suggests you need a COVID-19 test, please get one. Numerous sites perform them, which you can find here.
4. Please notify Mr. Annarelli (email@example.com) and Mr. Moscicki (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately if you are suspected of, or test positive for COVID-19. We will contact you directly. Please include your phone number and a number to call your parents.
5. It is not necessary to contact your teachers directly. We will make sure teachers are notified and will coordinate your classwork in a manner that is manageable and sensible.
Here are additional links that you should be using for accurate and reliable information:
PHYSICALS (Pre Participation Exams)
Due to the changing guidelines for the COVID-19 pandemic, at this time we are unable to give specific information on Pre Participation Physicals for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Please check back after June 15th, 2020 for updated information.
The information provided below is for the Summer Weight Training class only and does not apply to the 2020-2021 school year.
The summer weight training program will only be conducted if the Department of Health feels that it can be done in a safe environment.
Incoming Freshmen/New Students
Summer Weighlifting has modified the requirements for physicals. Loyola High School requires some proof that your son is healthy and can participate in the class without restrictions, before the first class meeting.**
You can do one of the following:
If your physician is not performing physicals at this time, please contact them and have them send a note on office letterhead stating you/your son can participate in summer weightlifting** without restrictions.
If you are comfortable seeing your physician and they are performing physicals, please print the form out and bring it with you to the appointment. The physical form can be found here. If this is completed, the physical is valid for the 2020-2021 school year. Make sure the form is signed by the physician and stamped with their office stamp.
Your physicals are valid until July 31, 2020, and will therefore allow you to participate in Summer Weightlifting.
Please note that in order for the form to be valid the office stamp of the medical provider must be on form. Currently, you can send the completed forms to Loyola High School via email only. Send copy via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before submitting, please make a copy for your records.
Due to the changing guidelines for the COVID-19 pandemic, we understand the challenges facing parents and students to complete this requirement. We will be updating this information as needed.
California State Law mandates that all students MUST turn in a copy of their immunization records prior to attending their first day of classes. Students who do not have proof of immunizations could be sent home until a copy is received by school.
There are several ways to make sure this is completed:
– The current/previous school should send immunization records with students final transcripts. Please contact your school to see if they are sending them.
– Call your physician and have them make a copy of immunization records. If you have an official copy of immunization records, you may send a copy to Loyola.
– At this time, the only way to send the Immunization Forms to Loyola is via email. Please send completed forms to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check back after June 15, 2020 for updated information. If you have any questions please email Director of Student Health, Mr. Tim Moscicki at email@example.com.
Please check back after May 15th, 2020 for updated information.
Due to the changing guidelines for the COVID-19 pandemic, at this time we are unable to give specific information on Concussion Baselines for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Please check back after June 15th, 2020 for updated information.
If you have any questions please email Director fo Student Health, Mr. Tim Moscicki at firstname.lastname@example.org